If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be? What if you could go everywhere?
Around the World in 80 Days is an Off-Broadway play by Mark Brown, directed and designed by Rachel Klein. Inspired by Jules Verne’s classic 1873 novel, it’s “a dazzling fast-paced play with 39 characters comedically portrayed by 5 unparalleled actors.”
The play tells the story of Phileas Fogg’s journey with his sidekick to circle the globe in 80 days or less (obviously RTW travel was substantially more difficult back in the day). “Unknowingly pursued by a tireless detective convinced Fogg is a robber on the run, the fast minded, fleet-footed pair traverse 4 continents and 3 oceans in a white-knuckled sprint. Phileas Fogg is the Victorian Action Hero.”
Around the World in 80 Days wants to send one lucky winner on a Phileas Fogg-inspired trip around the world. The itinerary is subject to availability, but you’ll definitely circumnavigate the globe on an adventure you’ll never forget:
- You’ll fly from New York City to London to participate in a “Hint Hunt” and climb the O2.
- Then off to Istanbul to visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia Museum, and the Hippodrome.
- From Istanbul you’ll travel to Amman and spend a full day at the Lost City of Petra.
- You’ll leave Jordan for the Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt, where you’ll see antiquities from the tomb of King Tut.
- Then you’ll fly from Cairo to Kathmandu, where you’ll stay at The Last Resort to experience their bungee jump, canyon swing, and high ropes over a gorge near the Tibetan border.
- From Nepal you’ll travel to Bangkok to tour the city and visit the Tiger Temple, where orphaned tigers are cared for by local monks.
- Then you’ll fly across the Pacific to San Francisco to hit sites including the Palace of Fine Arts and the Golden Gate Bridge. Finally, it’s back to NYC.
Here are the basic rules and a few other important things to consider:
- Winner must be 18 years or older.
- Winner must have a valid US passport that does not expire in 2013.
- Winner must leave from NYC. Winner will return to NYC.
- The prize is for one winner.
- Prize must be accepted within 3 days.
- The winner must be available to redeem the prize and travel within two (2) months of accepting the prize.
- Winner will travel for an estimated 15 days (less than 80!).
- The trip includes lodging, activities, airfare, traveler’s insurance, and some local transportation.
A full copy of the rules and regulations is on the contest’s Facebook page. Good luck!